These policies are in place to provide our customers with the safety and security that they deserve. It also protects us from fraudulent claims against our organization. Below are the various policies that the Oscar Micheaux Committee strictly adheres by. If you have any questions or you think that our organization is not following the policies below, please contact us as soon as possible using the information at the bottom of this page.
Recognized for our commitment to safeguarding consumer privacy on our web site, we operate under a strict set of privacy principles:
- The only information that the Oscar Micheaux Committee will obtain about individual visitors to its website is information supplied voluntarily by visitors.
- In cases when the Oscar Micheaux Committee may need personal information to provide visitors with services tailored especially for them, or to inform them about new features or services, visitors are asked explicitly for that information.
- All identifiable information provided by purchasers (name, e-mail or home address) will NOT be disclosed to anyone outside of the Oscar Micheaux Committee.
- The Oscar Micheaux Committee employs strict security measures to safeguard online transactions; personal information is stored in a secured database and always sent via an encrypted channel.
- The Oscar Micheaux Committee maintains a strict “no-spam, no phishing, no pharming” policy. Your information, including your e-mail address, will not be sold to any third party. If you sign up for e-mail, you will receive only the e-mail you have requested.
- You may not add our products or information to a diskette, CD, website or any other medium and offer them for redistribution or resale. The products and/or information may not be resold in any sort of collection, such as passing our products or information over to third parties in CD’s and/or diskettes, or letting others download our products and/or information from your website. Furthermore, by conducting such practices, you automatically waive any legal claims against the Oscar Micheaux Committee. If you do not abide by the terms of this agreement as described above, the Oscar Micheaux Committee will pursue legal action to the highest extent.
- The products and/or services are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.
- The Oscar Micheaux Committee hereby expressly disclaims any and all warranties, expressed and/or implied, including but not limited to any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and/or fitness for a particular purpose by any vendor, customer, or associate offering any information, products, and services linked to the Oscar Micheaux Committee website. The user agrees that the Oscar Micheaux Committee is not responsible, and shall have no liability to such user, which respect to any information, product, or service offered by others who are linked to the Oscar Micheaux Committee website. The Oscar Micheaux Committee shall not be liable for any damages allegedly sustained arising from use of the information, products, and/or services.
- Refunds will only be given with administration approval.
- In no event shall the Oscar Micheaux Committee be liable for any damages including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, or other losses arising out of the use of or inability to use the products and/or services from the Oscar Micheaux Committee.
All material sold, downloaded, viewed, and/or presented/displayed on this website is copyrighted. These copyrights solely belong to the Oscar Micheaux Committee or their perspective owners (which is displayed per the owner’s permission).
Internet Security Policy
The Oscar Micheaux Committee is dedicated to providing all our visitors with a safe and secure transaction experience. We currently employ Stripe, Inc. (www.stripe.com) to handle all of our internet payment processing (through our website). We also employ Square, Inc. (www.squareup.com) for mobile payment processing. We take payment processing very seriously and so we employ other secure companies to handle our payment processing. We never see or store your personal information (which includes your address or card number). If you have concerns about the payment process, please feel free to contact us and we can discuss all the options and address your concerns.
This website, Oscar Micheaux Committee (https://www.micheaux.org), may contain links to third-party websites, but we are not responsible for the content of any linked website.
The Oscar Micheaux Committee will NEVER send out an e-mail asking for any type of personal information (name, address, e-mail address, username, password, credit card, etc.) If we need to get a hold of a customer due to wrong information or information that is missing, we will restrict access to that individual. Also, if we need to gain additional information from a customer, we will notify them once they log-in to their account through the Oscar Micheaux Committee. If you have been requested to go to another Oscar Micheaux Committee website, other than (https://www.micheaux.org), please consider this spam and report it to our legal department.
(updated Sunday, July 23rd, 2017)